Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Baby Girl's First Day of Preschool!

Today was my little love's first day of preschool. I never would have thought it would have been such an emotional experience!

It's time to accept that my baby isn't so much a baby anymore ::sniff sniff::

She was the most excited that I have seen her in a long time. She literally "popped" out of bed (after a great big stretch) and started her daily routine - with one little change - today she got to get her pictures taken all morning long while she prepared for her first day of school.

I was a tad bummed that it was cold and rainy - I had the cutest summery dress picked out for her to wear. However, I made the best of it and found some cute fall stuff in her "packed away for the summer" tote. Oh! And because it was raining, I got a few cute shots of her standing in the rain with the umbrella. I made a positive into the yucky situation!

So, we dropped her off...we stayed for a little bit but she didn't even notice we were there. She was way too busy playing and socializing. She told myself and my husband goodbye but didn't want to say bye to her brother. I can't blame her, she was way too busy!

Leaving was hard! I felt so emotional, but was able to hold back my tears.

After her 2 1/2 hour class we came to pick her up. The kids meet their parents in the gym but get a few minutes to blow some steam off first. My girl was so wound up for some reason. She was running around like a mad woman and even knocked a little boy down!

She didn't really tell us too much about her first day of school. She had a drawing in her backpack and a cute little grandparent's day craft that she made. Ohhh how I am going to love being a mommy to a preschooler - all the cute little things they she make and bring home!

So, for one more year I have my son, my "baby" as a non-preschooler. I think next year will be even harder as BOTH of my loves will be preschoolers. Ugh, let's not think about that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This collage is absolutely ADORABLE!!! And I'm loving on Aidyn's outfit!!!!

Jill said...

Absolutely adorable!! I have to tell you that the first pic in the collage of her sleeping is exactly how I remember my sis when she slept...it is amazing how much they truly look alike!

C Mae said...

awwwwwww this is great Tif!

Post a Comment