Saturday, July 9, 2011

John & Jean {A Farmer and his Wife}


Married for 32 years?! These two acted like newlyweds! John was "misbehaving" most of the time, but Jean was eating it up. Seriously though, they were both sooo excited about this session which made me over the top excited to photograph them!

They are the storybook couple for "The Farmer and His Wife". Through and through that's what they are. The recreation of "American Gothic" tells such a story unique to them. It is them.


Jean mentioned that her and John's adult daughters love their dad's hands. So of course we wanted to get some images of his hands - what better way to showcase them than but incorporating them into his fields and showing off who he is!

I also thought this image of John holding Jean's shoulder was so stinkin' sweet!


Sunset and silhouette images...LOVE them!







This storyboard makes me happy:


John and Jean told me that when they got married, 32 years ago, that they never got a picture of their rings. I was so happy to be able to do that for them! Note: It was like 9:30 pm and not enough light to do this outside. Thanks to Jean for holding a flashlight to the rings to get me sufficient light!!)


This couple was amazing and I look forward to a lasting photography relationship with them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment