Saturday, December 31, 2011

Where I am Now

As I sit and reminisce about 2011 I realize I have come a long way. I have always (and of course, still do) pour my heart into every single photograph that I make. However, seeing where I used to be compared to where I am now makes me realize that no matter how much heart you put into your art, it just won't reach its full potential until you learn the technical aspects of it.

I am so thankful for all the friends and family who allowed me to "practice" on them - especially my own two children. Without these opportunities I don't think I would have been able to grow as much as I have. Of course I am thankful to my fellow photographer friends and mentors who have provided me the opportunities to reach levels of achievement!

So, I decided to pull out the archives and see just how far I really have come. I definitely still have a lot to learn (I am a firm believer that you will NEVER stop learning - anything) but I am so proud of the progress I have made over the past year. Almost all of the photos below were taken in 2008 and some in 2009. I did not really photograph too much in 2009 or hardly at all in 2010 - I had two kids under the age of 2 and was just way too busy for anything extra!

In all of the photos, the 2008/2009 image is either on the top or left of the set. The 2011 image is on the bottom or right.

I hope to provide a good laugh to anyone who can relate to pulling out their "old stuff" and to inspire those of you who are up-and-coming all-star photographers!

Enjoy!











































1 comments:

Faith said...

Okay so first, I LOVE everything about this...and 2nd, one of my fave parts is seeing how much A and C have changed!!!! Wonderful growth you've had!!!!

Post a Comment